Thursday, November 24, 2011

Will my car fail its MOT, its central locking has stopped working?

I have to use the manual way for unlocking and locking the doors. I can't afford to get it fixed at the moment but my MOT is due. Will this problem cause my car to fail its MOT?


Thanks for any replies, I really appreciate your help.|||Central locking is not part of the MOT test - thousands of cars don't even have it.


As long as all the doors can be opened from the inside and outside, and latch securely when closed, you'll be OK.|||If you had an emergency and you needed to get/ in/or get someone out of your car, could you do so without any difficulty from your Keyless Entry? I'm guessing the Keyless Entry/automatic windows wouldn't matter. So if that's the only issue about the car then you should have no problem.


However, the requirements for an Inspection Sticker vary from State to State, and there are no federal guidelines that apply to each State( other than government mandated safety issues, but I wouldn't worry about that. When you go for inspection make sure all doors and windows are open, so the Inspector will have no reason to operate them. No Worries!|||It's not safety or emissions, so your fine, if all doors close and stay closed. Check all fuses and connections, you prob can fix yourself.|||NO - central locking is not a mandatory satety item on your vehicle.|||So long as the doors can be opened and closed then that's as far as they look.|||no ,it will not fail mot , central locking is an added bonus

No comments:

Post a Comment