Saturday, November 19, 2011

Problems with my car - Central Locking damaged by Ice and Snow?

Last night, after finishing work, I decided to open the boot on my Renault Clio Dynamique to see if I had any de-icer, having none I shut the boot and set off on my way. Halfway home, the car tells me the boot is still open. Having reached home, the boot would now not open and worse the whole car would not lock with the central locking key. The sound would make that it was locked but you could still open the doors. What I need to know if its possible to manually lock the drivers side of the door as I cannot see a keyhole to do so, however there is one on the passenger side which does lock fine. Any help with this would be great!!|||It will just be the tailgate catch is frozen and preventing the rest of the central locking to work as the catch is still in the open position. Heat up the rear catch and it should be back to normal.|||No. You need to put it in the warm, so it can dry out. This is a common fault in icy weather. Frozen Up.|||it will start working ok if ever the tempreture increases

No comments:

Post a Comment