Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can I make the remote central locking on my car work?

bought a Suzuki Vitara (1996 model) a second car. I had to put new batteries into the remote. The remote is on, but does nothing when the I press it and point towards the vehicle. I asked Suzuki, but they will charge 50 quid for it!I|||The answers, so far, look reasonable.





Beware of following the advice of disconnecting the car's battery - you may have a security coded radio. If you've recently bought the car, check that you have the security code. If you don't this might lead to a costly visit to a garage.|||Try disconnecting the car battery then re-connect it this should


reactivate the system. KEN mechanic|||OKAY I MAY BE WRONG BUT HERE IT GOES ANYWAY.





I COULD NOT FIND A 1996 VITARA AND ACCORDING TO MY DATA THEY DIDN'T START MAKING THEM UNTIL 1999.





ANYWAY I CHECK FOR INFO ON THE 1999 AND 2000 AND FOUND OUT THAT SOME OF THE REMOTES HAD BAD DIODES AND EVEN AFTER RESETTING AND OR REPROGRAMMING THE OLD REMOTES AFTER A BATTERY WENT DEAD THEY WOULD NOT WORK.





THE DIODE WOULD START LEAKING AND DRAIN DOWN THE BATTERY.





THERE WERE TWO REMOTES, THE ONE WITH THE WHITE WRITING WAS CONSIDERED POSSIBLY BAD AND THE ONE WITHOUT THE WHITE WRITING WAS THE GOOD ONE.





I HOPE THAT THIS HELPS YOU AND MAKE SURE AND CHECK THE YEAR, AGAIN I APOLOGIZE IF I AM THE ONE THAT MADE THE MISTAKE.|||You have corroded parts for the system of remote control, try to clean it with contact cleaner save you a penny.


Automotive electronic tech|||check that you have put the batteries round the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment