Saturday, November 19, 2011

Spooky goings on with my central car locking?

I have a 2 year old Toyota Verso and have never had a problem with the key operated central locking. Two days ago I parked at an address in East Sussex to find that the central locking would not work at all and I had to use the emergency key to lock the car. When I returned to the car, the central locking was still out, I unlocked the car using the key which set off the alarm. This stopped after a minute or so and I was able to drive off. The central locking then continued to operate normally. Today I returned to the exact spot I had parked at before only to find the central locking refused to function yet again. On leaving the area, the central locking operated normally. I noticed that I had parked on a freshly remade section of the road where clearly road works had been done and I wondered if anything underground, perhaps electrical, could have caused this? All ideas welcome ! Thanks ...|||There was probably a mobile phone transmitter/aerial close by that interferes with the signal from your key fob, there was a program on the tv about just that, not a lot you can do, be aware and park elsewhere. (rhyme)|||Your not alone. I live in North Somerset and the local Morrison's car park has a similar intermittent problem with with remote controls failing to work, it affects all makes of cars from the cheapest to the most expensive it also causes car alarms to go off for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment