Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How do you fix a cars central locking?

My BMW Mini One's central locking has started to go, not just using the button on the key but also by opening the door handles from inside the car and by using the switch on the control panel inside the car.


Is this a garage job or is it possible to fix yourself, I know nothing about cars but can't afford an expensive car bill.





Does anyone know if I will still be able to manually unlock everything if I can't fix it. The car only has one key lock, on the drivers door. When you turn the key in this door it also unlocks the passenger door / boot / petrol flap but I am not sure if turning the key in the drivers door is triggering the central locking to unlock the other things therefore if it goes I won't be able to open the petrol cap, boot etc.





Only other problem I can think of is at the moment the car is set to automatically lock when you drive off, is this feature possible to turn off yourself or would I have to take it to Mini?|||It's typical of european cars, one action to lock/unlock everything that use lock system. To turn off lock on certain speed, you need to remove the sensor speedometer, but this isn't safe anymore. To set the door lock only lock on manual action, you need to release the wire connection on mototr on the door lock switch. You can do this job on your own if you have experience and passion. If you doubt you have those condition, you can start by read on manual repair biook that been release by Hayne's or Chillton.

No comments:

Post a Comment