Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why do car owneers with remote central locking always lock/unlock their cars at a distance. Showing off?

haha i do that cos ive never had remote locking before so its still a novelty.... horn beeps as well so its.....


beep beep beep beep beep with a big cheesy grin from me.


its fun as well.|||Personally I use mine to unlock doors when I am about 10 feet away. Don't know why anyone would want to show off a feature that has been out for years.|||HMmmm... they might be showing it off


or maybe they forgot where it was and use the sound to listen where it is


i dont know!=]|||the further away they do it from means they have a small manhood....so for every 10 foot reduce his size by 1 inch lol|||It's worse than that, I was sat next to a bloke in


a pub who was playing with his car keys


(presuably thinking he was out of range) and


someone came in and stated "There's a car in


the car park that keeps flashing its light and


beeping".|||Are you jealous?|||because we can haha lol|||Saves time/ improves your safety margin/ allows for a broader angle of view into the car interior, for a last check/allows for a wider scan of the surroundings as your closing the car/ if you are a cop chasing a bandit, it gives you a flying start as you lock the car/ if you have lost your car in a car park it can give you some idea of where it is parked by flashing the lights/ should you be chased by a T Rex, it gives you that spare second or two to get in the car and then 'burn rubber!'|||if its at night could be done for safety, the lights come on and you can see in and around the car|||Probably not. If they were "showing off" they would probably be making a very flamboyant gesture with the radio "key" so that everyone around would know who it was.





Sometimes it can help to locate the car in a large car park, and as I often hire a car, I find this feature very helpful, as all I know about the car I am looking for is its colour and reg.number. (Yes, I do know the key label shows the make of the car, but most cars of a similar size look the same to me!).





Often, when you are walking to the car with someone else, you do need to unlock from about 10 metres so you don't stop your friend, who may be in front of yourself, from being prevented opening the door. Obviously circumstances vary, but I think it is only a practical issue.





Occasionally, I have the car parked in the road some 50 metres from my cabin, and as I like to check that is locked before I go to bed, I do quite often check it is locked from a distance, as it saves me having to walk the distance, possibly in heavy rain. I am sure that anyone else would want to do the same!|||It's a guy thing. We boast about stuff like that when we're in the pub. 'mine works from 40 feet away, therefore I have a bigger d*ck than you'


Sad but true!|||they are that blind they cant see there car|||That is an old option and quite a few cars have them now. I try and open mine from a distance just to check my battery in the remote. Once it starts only opening the locks when I'm right up on it, then I know it is time to change the battery.





I also have an alarm system with remote start on mine. If the alarm goes off, it will chirp the key fob and let me know, then if I feel like target practice then I know where to find a target.





good luck.|||Uhhh, force of habit? When I get a new vehicle that has the remote, I like to know what the range on it is. That way if the boys take off and go running up to the vehicle I know how soon I can have it unlocked for them so they can get in and buckled up.|||The flashing lights show them where they parked their Euro-box because they all look the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment