Thursday, November 24, 2011

I cant open my front car door, the central locking key wont open it?

the door wont open when pressing the key, is there a way i can open the door, apart from using a crowbar.|||The passenger door/boot/tailgate should be also operated by the ignition key?try them,but more information with make/model and year will get you a more detailed reply,hope this helps|||Simple stuff first...


What year make and model?





Is there a physical key slot for sticking the key in and unlocking it?





I assume that the other doors do unlock so you can get inside. On my car, if the doors are locked, you pull the inside door handle twice and it unlocks the door. If yours does not, I then I don't know.





If it does then you can disassemble the door and replace the electric lock etc.





Also, you can probably unlock the door from the outside with a 'Slim Jim'. It's what the bad guys use to steal your car, the cops use to help you out and the tow service usually have them too. It's a thin metal strip that you slide into the door next to the window. Usually you can hook the door lock and pop it open. Best to call a tow service and ask them or your local car thief.





(Hmmm, now I have 2 thuimbs down. That's a first. Wonder if it was becuase I tried insert a little humor. Ok, I'll just be serious next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment