Friday, December 2, 2011

Where can I get the central locking on my car repaired today (Sunday)?

I have a Nissan Micra and can't get the doors to lock. The key fob won't do anything, however when I'm inside the car I can lock all the doors by pressing the lock/unlock button beside the hand brake. Last night my husband tried to lock it using the key fob, it eventually locked but then it wouldn't open! Finally got it opened by using the key in the secret keyhole thingy that I foud when reading through the manual. The battery was changed in the key fob just last week. Also there is a little red light that flashes on the fob when pressed, maybe its always been there and I've never noticed. Anyone any ideas please??|||Sounds like you need a new key. If you google 'replacement key fobs' or similar, you will find numerous companies that can come out to you, cut a new key and program the fob to your vehicles immobilisor. From memory, expect to pay @ 拢80 for one key. As it's a kind of 'emergency service', i'm sure they will come out to you on a sunday.|||Start with the obvious thing, have you replaced the battery in the key fob? Available from Halfords, among other places.|||It would help un enormously if you told us in which town you live.|||Auto-Electric Shop or Dealer on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment