Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I lock my ford KA collection manually? The central locking is a bit hit and miss.?

When I put the key in the lock on both doors it tends to lock and unlock itself, always ending up unlocked. I am worried i will end up somewhere unable to lock my car and need an alternative.


If I removed the fuse for central locking would I be able to lock the doors manually with the key? Or is there a way to lock the car from the inside?


I have taken it to a garage and now it does it less often but is still a problem.


Please help!|||Removing the fuse turns the central locking "off" you then should be able to lock it with the key.





Take your car to another garage and ask them to vheck the central locking solonoid this could be the problem what your dicribing happen to my Ford Orion a few years ago and it needed a new solonoid|||this sounds like the sencer in one of the doors has gone down


and telling the ecu that the door is still open!


take it to ford they cheack the system for you ont there ford comp


senser for mondeo here last week was 45 euros


about 55 pounds?|||Get someone to check the wiring at the bottom of the drivers door there is a multi pin connector that becomes either loose or has slight corrosion causing a bad contact.That would cause your problem Regards Mick UK.

1 comment:

  1. Please help!|||Removing the fuse turns the central locking "off" you then should be able to lock it with the key. indianapolis 24 hr locksmith

    ReplyDelete