Friday, December 2, 2011

My remote central locking is not working properly. It will lock but not open. what could be the problem?

It will lock but not open. I can hear the flick in the car like it trying to open and the lights turn on but the car stays locked unless I open the car manually. What is the problem?|||Start by changing your remote battery.It uses less power to lock the system than unlock it,hope this helps(make and year of car will get you a better answer)|||Depends on what car? if it clicks then the motor is working, what you have to do is get next to the car operate the remote and you should see the button bounce, if it does this then the door trim needs to come off and free the arm that feeds the door opening pin with oil and make sure the vapour sheet and door trim go on correct, so the pin can pop up.


Hope this helps.|||try reprogramming your key. Look in the manual and it should tell you. I had similar problem my central locking wouldnt work but i could open and shut doors with manual key. Then reprogrammed key and now it works fine. Try doing this before taking it to anyone as it will cost you money to do this.

1 comment:

  1. I locked my car --- as I walked away I heard my car door unlock I went back and locked my car again three times. I looked around and there were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store. When I looked straight at them they did not unlock my car again. indianapolis emergency locksmith

    ReplyDelete